Lines of enquiry and my natural curiosity
Initial questions I had included:
• would the dancers be able to work in this way?
• could they remember so much material?
• whilst at the top of their game as dancers would they be able to
step outside of preferred ways of working and the brain and body
be able to work in a new way?
• could they do long sessions?
• what was the body capable of and not capable of?
• how would they relate to the music?
• with two such powerful personalities would they listen to me and
let me make the piece I saw this being?
It is always good to go into any process with the right questions and
discover answers and find new questions.